VFX Community
December 14, 2017, 03:56:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to VFX Community, Vancouver's Visual Effects Forum for Photo-realistic 3D and Compositing.  Registration is currently closed to curb Spam.  Fresh content is now being directed to www.lostboys-vfx.com  Please join us there!

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Search Calendar Gallery Tags Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how to remove wires?  (Read 4770 times)
steven
Community Member

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2010, 02:46:04 AM »

when i stared to remove wires i got a big problem, i removed wires in AE all frames, when i paly its shaked where i modify. anybody please tell me how to remove wires in AE and digital Fusion
Mark Benard
Administrator
Senior Contributor

Founder - Lost Boys Learning

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 02:46:00 AM »

Hi Steven,

Wire removal can be tricky at times...  It depends a lot on a few factors such as size in frame and what's behind them.

More information would make it a lot easier for me to help you with the problem.  Perhaps you could upload a before and after movie clip up on Youtube?  Or even post a few frames so I can get a better look at what you are fighting with?

Is the camera locked off (on a tripod or braced on something so that it doesn't move) or moving?

If it isn't locked off than you won't have what we call a "clean plate" which can be sourced to replace the image that is obscured by the wires.  If not, no worries, we rarely get good clean plates on wire removal shots anyways...

If you do not have a clean plate to work with than typically we try to "fill in" the wire by either blending in nearby pixels and or sourcing image information from another point in time in which the wire is not covering those exact pixels.

If you don't do a very good job of this you end up with what you are seeing in which you will see colors jittering around in the area that you have made your paint out.  If you've simply tried to paint back the information as you could with the paint or clone tool this is the problem that you can expect.

There are some good tools out there to help you with your task.  It's been some time since I used After Effects to remove wires.  (Now I use Nuke)  I believe I used a plugin that was specifically designed to handle wire removal.  You would simply set the tool to either end of the wire and it would use one or more of the previously mentioned techniques to clear out the wire from the frame.

I did a quick google search a found a few links for you to try out.

Link One - Making one "clean" frame in photoshop and tracking it back into your scene instead of trying to paint it out frame by frame or by using a plugin.

Additionally, you may find the first half of this "analyzing motion" tutorial helpful where he explains how to track a still image into a moving background plate.

Finally, you might also want to check out Steve Wright's article, Invisible Effects.

Good luck!

Mark

Mark Bénard | Managing Director
Lost Boys Learning | School of Visual Effects

"Divine Creators in the Making"

www.lostboys-learning.com

FacebookLinkedInVFX CommunityYouTubeVimeo

Studio Phone: 250-871-8103
Mailing: Suite 104 – 2456 Rosewall Crescent, Courtenay, BC Canada, V9N 8R9 (Vancouver Island)

Lost Boys Learning is North America's only dedicated visual effects school with world-class training in photo-realistic 3D for VFX and compositing for film and television. Boasting a 94% placement rate Lost Boys Learning offers a specialized 1 year Visual Effects Diploma.  Our students work with the award winning VFX Supervisor and experienced mentor, Mark Bénard, in a project-based learning environment, covering VFX pre-production and shooting, 3D for VFX and compositing.
steven
Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 03:41:08 AM »

thank you mark..
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: