VFX Community
December 14, 2017, 04:15:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to VFX Community, Vancouver's Visual Effects Forum for Photo-realistic 3D and Compositing.  Registration is currently closed to curb Spam.  Fresh content is now being directed to www.lostboys-vfx.com  Please join us there!

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Search Calendar Gallery Tags Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PLS help. Need guidance for a career in VFX..  (Read 2659 times)
loshba
Community Member

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2011, 06:35:11 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I am a boy from sri lanka...with a huge fascination towards visual effects. I know that VFX is a vast subject. So if i was to narrow things down, i could say that i especially love Matte Paintings. landscape matte paints.. and incorporating them with real world footage etc.
I do understand that i would need pretty good art skills for this. But im afraid that my art skills are NIL. I cant draw one bit.

This actually had me thinking about doing a degree in fine arts/visual arts, in order to get my art/drawing/painting skills up to speed.
And there after, thought of pursing a VFX diploma or degree somewhere in Canada..

Could you kindly advise me if whether or not my choice to do an degree in arts/visual arts is a good or a bad idea...
I would just like to have someone direct me in the right path, as I am very much new and clueless to the world of VFX. All i know is that I love to learn the art of it..

Pls Help...
A Lost person, striving to learn,..

thanks in advance
Loshaarn
wblack
Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 07:29:08 PM »

I figure the best way to start is by doing it. Once you get used to doing it, definitely look up lessons, or during this process take lessons.
Tags: vfx  matte painting  Art  Drawing 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: